Tuesday, March 26, 2019

My 3rd Barefoot Marathon Completed! (裸足で完走!『第38回佐倉朝日健康マラソン』)

42.195 K: 4:23:04 (gross)/4:22:14 (net).
(https://youtu.be/fcjanAAybM0)


Fighting through a condition well-known among the circle of barefoot runners called "hypersensitivity" that set in near the halfway point and that I couldn't shake off until the race was over, I completed my third barefoot full marathon. It was by far the most excruciatingly painful race that I've ever run. But when I finally crossed the finish line and everything was over, that colossally agonizing pain was immediately replaced by an ecstatic feeling of joy! What a mystery this is of this ultimate test of endurance!

A full race report will be available soon. So look forward to it!
**************************

No comments:

Post a Comment