Friday, March 22, 2019

Final Phase Conditioning: Test Running Last 7K

March 22, 2019
9.1 K: 56:07:06

I test ran the last 7 K of the course of Sakura Marathon 2019 last night that I'm running tomorrow.

There were two purpose for it. One was conditioning. I had a 1-hour jog scheduled for the night. I could have run in my neighborhood. But hour jog is hour jog. I thought I might just as well run part of the course. I could simulate the final stage of the race that is always the hardest.

Another reason is to check the road surface condition. No entry was allowed in the section between 35.5 and 38.5 K due to road maintenance work. The regulation has been lifted, so I went to check it.

The section in question was to my surprise fairly well maintained, and part of it was even widened for easier passage.

But the rest was rather poorly maintained, and the affect on my sole that was only sock-clad was pretty large.

The good thing is though that I was able to practice how to run to minimize the damage to it. One answer is to run in shorter strides and take quicker steps. Tomorrow I hope the moment I feel any pain in the sole I will respond without thinking by using those methods to negotiate the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment