Tuesday, March 19, 2019

10.2 K Barefoot Run

March 19, 2019
5.1 K: 33:.07.77
5.1 K: 30:00.36
Total 10.2 K: 1:03:08

Five more days to go before the Sakura Marathon this coming Sunday. After coming home from work I was drained with energy, and sleepy also from a slight shortage of sleep, but I wanted to keep the promise with myself, so I threw myself into my running gear after having two oranges. Once in athletic outfit, I could feel renewed motivation rising from within. I hit the road without shoes, feeling the coldness of the road on my bare feet. It felt awesome. I cruised along the 5.1 K shuttle course without changing pace much. The purpose of the session tonight is mainly to relieve tension in my leg muscles and check my running form. 

I didn't feel any discomfort in the sole. It'd got more durable after running Ohme. I was glad.

I ran a little more than 10 K in about an hour. I listened to two lectures while running. One is a financial lecture by Robert Kiyosaki, the author of best-selling book "Rich Dad Poor Dad". I also listened to a lecture by world-renowned sales consultant Brian Tracy who addressed an audience in Dubai. I enjoyed them both. As I listened to Robert's lecture, I remember a day back in the late 1990s when I went to Kuala Lumpur to attend my friends' wedding. On my way back home I bought a book from a bookstore inside the airport, and that was "Rich Dad Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki. His explanation of how a house is not an asset, but a liability unless it generates passive income fascinated me. It explained my intuitive inclination against home ownership.


I enjoyed listening to Brian too. He is an excellent public speaker, and is also such an extensive reader. His data and episodes to illustrate points are very informative. He is one of my role models of public speaker. I hope to be as resourceful as he is.


For the next two days I will have a similar running session, mainly to keep my body from becoming too relaxed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment