Sunday, July 1, 2018

Tire Throw & 17 K Barefoot Run

I did tire throw before dinner, and ran 17 K in bare feet after it.

In the tire throw today, I did forward throw 20 times, and backward throw 30 times. I had a knack for the latter as I had done it before, but the former turned out to be a lot harder. When you throw the tire over your head into your back, you bring it from the ground, and your bring it up as you use your thighs and back as well as your shoulders. Because thighs and back are such strong muscles, you can throw it fairly far.  On the other hand, when you throw it forward, first you raise it over your head, hold it there, bend your upper body backward just a little bit, tilt your arms backward also but only a little. You store your energy right there in that position, and as you snap back your upper body and arms, you release all that energy stored to create a forward movement of the tire. But since both shoulders and abs are far less strong than the major muscle groups involved in the backward throw, you cannot throw it that far in forward throw.  Anyhow, each throw, whether it's forward or backward, involves a tremendous amount of concentration of power, it's a good change for me because much of my fitness effort centers around developing endurance these day. Variety is the spice of life, you see.

I was originally hoping to run minimum 25 K, and ideally 30. But after running 17 K, I felt out of gas, and my right sole got a bit sore, so I called it a day.

1st 8.5 K: 45:37.96
2nd 8.5 K: 49:11.17
Total 17 K: 1:34:39



No comments:

Post a Comment