Monday, July 2, 2018

Mid-Summer 1-Hour Morning Workout Including Hill Sprints (5 Sets by 200 M)

I worked out for about an hour this morning to make up for yesterday's absence of physical training. I was too exhausted yesterday due to overdoing tire throw on Sunday. I felt reasonably recovered thanks to a good 8-hour sleep (I didn't watch Japan's soccer game with Belgium). I jogged very slowly for about 4 K. Then I came to the bottom of this hellish uphill. I did 5 fast repeats up that hill with a two-minute active rest between sets. I finished the first set between 46 and 47 second. I made it a benchmark, and aimed at it in the following sets. All the laps are shown below:
1st: 46.25
Active rest: 2:00.23
2nd: 48.42
Active rest: 2:00.40
3rd: 47.27
Active rest: 2:00.37
4th: 48.93
Active rest: 2:00.19
5th: 46.98

After doing the hill repeats, I jogged to a park about 700 M down the road. There are steel rings hanging from a thick wooden structure. I did arm hang there: 10 reps by 3 sets. I was drenched with sweat when I was done.

I jogged back home from there to finish the whole exercise in 56:50.96. It was a good combination of slow cardio, high intensity cardio, and high resistance muscle training. Also both lower body and upper body, and their connecting component, core were involved in a well-balanced manner. I was satisfied.

I took a quick shower, and after that enjoyed having for breakfast grilled beef with assorted boiled veggies in Korean style and brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment