Sunday, July 29, 2018

11.8 K Run Around the Lake Senba in Mito


I had a tremendously refreshing running session around the Lake Senba in Mito City, Ibaraki Prefecture. I was there for a teacher seminar on the following day, and had several hours to myself before crashing for the night. I had running gear with me, so I threw myself in it as soon as I got to the hotel, and off I went straight down the road until I came to a small bridge across a river that runs between the downtown district and the circular road around the lake. I ran the loop three laps to cover 9 K there at a reasonably brisk pace, but not too fast. I didn't want to tire myself to much as I have an important 5-hour seminar that requires focus and stamina. The distance between the hotel and the bridge is 1.8 K. So 1.4 K multiplied by two, plus 9 K is 11.8 K. I ran it in 1:06:36. I was drenched when I got back because although it was hours after sunset, it was very hot and humid. I took a quick cold shower as soon as I got back in my room, and filled my stomach with sushi I bought in Ueno, Tokyo. I ate it like a whale eats one big school of sardines or shrimp. Even after having it all, I felt like I could still eat a horse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment