Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Midnight Residual Intervals: 3 Sets by I K @ 4:25

Mar. 2nd, 2021
Warm Up 3.4 K: 20:38.90
Rest: 1:00.23
<Intervals>
1st K: 4:12.50
Rest: 1:00.57
2nd K: 4:14.87
Rest: 1:00.68
3rd K: 4:09.64
Rest: 1:00.39
Warm Down 3.2 K: 19:46.37
9.6 K: 57:04.15

I finally completed the remaining 3 sets of a total 6 sets of 1 K fast run originally scheduled last week. It feels great. 


After the 3rd run, I felt a slight tension in the back of my left lung. It could be a muscle surrounding the lung. I am not sure. Over the last few months I've been frequently felt the same discomfort in the same area. It happens after several fast repeats. The discomfort is temporary. It's completely absent when I'm not running. I suspect it's a manifestation of TMS, or tension myositis syndrome. It's our sub-conscious mind's response to a high level of mental stress. Our mind is a highly sophisticated organ. When it is divided between two voices, one saying, "Run faster," and the other saying, "Stop. Take a break," it creates a physical symptom to shift our mind away from facing a painful reality of not being able to listen to both of the two voices at the same time. I'm afraid one part of my mind is too proud to admit that I'm not strong enough complete the hard interval training in one go. Well, maybe I used to, but not any more. Aging is a natural part of life. I'm more open than I used to be to my physical limitations resulting from aging. I guess I need to tell my sub-conscious that it doesn't need to create any physical symptom to make me stop doing training that is way over my head.





No comments:

Post a Comment