Monday, March 8, 2021

Recovery Run (16.8 K)

Mar. 8, 2021

16.8 K: 1:43:00

Eighteen hours after I ran  28.5 K, I went for a recovery run, aiming to run a total of more than a full marathon distance within 24 hours. I ran 16.8 K to reach a total distance of 45.3 K.


I don't know whether it's good or bad, but I don't feel too exhausted. Let's just say it's good, because both runs were not speed training, and the main purpose of the run tonight is for recovery. You don't want to feel too exhausted to do anything as a result of a recovery run, you know.


This coming weekend I'm running with an older sister of a friend of mine. She is a sub-3 runner. She signed up for the Nagoya Women's Marathon. The event takes place online, and she's planning to run a course in her original hometown of Sakura City, Chiba where I live right now. She wants company of a fellow runner to boost her spirit. Knowing that her younger sister's friend, which is me, is also a runner who lives in the same city, she invited me to join her through her sister. I gladly accepted the invitation.


Our running abilities are very different, and if I run her pace, I can very easily burn out, so I asked her not to expect too much of me as someone to run along with her to push her for a good time. I know her pacing because she shares some of her race results on FB, which I always see with a feeling of awe and respect. She gets right into a highly competitive pace from the start. I'm more of a slow starter. I'm almost like jogging in the first 10 K or so. My pace increase is only slight even in the following 10 K. I don't usually increase my pace until past 25 K. My quickest pace usually takes place near 35 K, though the exact peak varies from race to race. 


Anyhow, I am satisfied that I did run more than a full marathon distance within 24 hours, which is what I almost always did a week or two prior to really successful races in the past. 


I'm confident that I will have some enjoyable run this coming weekend. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment