Friday, February 26, 2021

Midnight Intervals: 1 Set by 1 K @ 4:25

Feb. 26, 2021

Warm Up 3.37 K: 19:42.00

Rest: 1:00.71

<Intervals>

1 K: 4:34.48

***********

Warm Down 0.55 K: 3:33.31

Total 4:92 K: 28:50.50

I came home from work at 0:45 a.m. My whole body was cold to the bone from riding my bike home from Central Tokyo on Route 357. I had hot tea before getting out to hit the road.


Last night I aimed for 6 sets of 1 K fast run, but ran out of gas after two sets. 


Tonight I wanted to complete the remaining 4 sets.


I jogged for about 20 minutest to warm up. Then I went for the first fast run after resting for a minute. I tried not to hop too much, hoping to save energy for the remaining sets. The body felt light, probably thanks to a light breakfast earlier this morning consisting of fried veggies. There was no breathing difficulty. I kept pretty much the same pace throughout the entire K. The time, though, sucked. Almost 10 seconds slower than the target. My heart sank. I was not able to muster up any energy to push myself for another ran. I called it a day. 

As I jogged back home, I patted myself on the shoulder in my mind. I could have skipped training entirely. But instead I tried. I failed, but it's still better than nothing. Every effort counts. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment