Monday, March 15, 2021

10 K Barefoot Recovery Run

Mar. 15, 2021
1st K: 5:52.57
2nd K: 6:11.01
3rd K: 6:05.63
4th K: 6:09.41
5th K: 6:00.66
6th K: 5:53.58
7th K: 5:55.57
8th K: 5:56.49
9th K: 5:53.69
Last K: 5:58.37
Total 10 K: 59:56

About 24 hours after running 33.25 K I enjoyed having a recovery run for an hour in bare feet in a nearby park. It was crowded with people of all ages. There were quite a few teenagers sitting and talking in groups in the sun. They are probably new graduates from a local junior high school. There were an equally large number of elderly people in the park. They were walking on a 500-M loop. I ran the same loop 20 times to cover 10 K.  


It's been a while since I last ran without shoes. It always feels great to feel the grass directly on your sole. 


An easy run for an hour alleviated stiffness in the legs. Strong sunshine lifted my spirit. 

I had lost a substantial amount of subcutaneous fat from the 30 plus K run yesterday. Running with less fat carried in your body is a pleasant experience. I want to stay lean like I do now. It seems to be an important part of going for a better time in a race. Aiming for a higher self seems to me to be all about not carrying anything that's not needed when you run, and also about only having what's truly essential. No more muscle training that doesn't make sense in terms of long distance running. Not too much carbo loading when you already have excessive fat around your waist. I'll take diet and workout seriously so that next time I'm invited by the multiple sub-3 runner to accompany her, I can run farther and faster. 


No comments:

Post a Comment