Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Midnight 12.6 K Run

April 15, 2020
11.6 K: 1:07:22
1 K: 3:56.78
Total 12.6 K: 1:11:18

Jogged for a little longer than an hour. It always feels good to hit a deserted road at midnight. Not a soul could be seen. Just me and the road. Carefully checked my running form as there was a slight stiffness in the right calf resulting from sprints on the previous afternoon. Ran a new 5.2 K loop that I had found on Google Map recently. It's a pretty treacherous course, rich in undulation and having some rough road surface in an area where street lamps are scarce.


Listened to commentaries from past Olympic races. Women's 10,000 M from the London Olympics, Men's 5000 M from the Athens Olympics, and so on. Visualized my favorite top athletes such as Hicham El Guerrouj, Eliud Kipchoge, and Kenenisa Bekele on the men's side, and Terunish Dibaba on the women's.  

In the last K as I often do, I put on spurt, identifying myself with those heroic middle-distance and long-distance athletes crossing the finish line for the gold medal in triumph!


Variety is the spice of life. This new course will hold my interest for a while for sure. It's got everything I want: a short steep uphill, long upward inclines, a short steep downhill, long downward inclines, flat straights, a U-turn, right angles, and bends. Will prepare me for all kinds of courses. 


No comments:

Post a Comment