Sunday, April 26, 2020

Midnight Barefoot Half Marathon with a Face Mask On

April 26, 2020
Warm Up 3.7 K: 21:14.97
Tempo Run 5.3 K: 25:31.56
Jog 11.2 K: 1:05:20
Spurt 1 K: 4:38.89
Total 21.2 K: 1:56:45

I ran a half marathon. I didn't intend to run that distance, but I ended up doing it because I felt so good as I went along.

I ran in bare feet. It's always the best choice unless the road condition is ridiculously bad.


At midnight there is hardly anyone on the street. BUT just in case I kept being stalked by some perverted midnight runner for almost two hours, I put on a face mask as an etiquette for the fellow midnight runner. Though not for a single moment did I have anyone within a radius of 5 meters while running tonight, the mask made breathing a little uncomfortable, so maybe there was an effect similar to running at a high altitude. I may continue to run with a mask on if it has the same benefit as that of altitude training.    


I had a face mask on while running. I got it as a prize years ago for finishing a race. According to a research, people withing a radius of 5 meters of a running person may inhale the breath of that runner. If the runner is infected with the corona virus, then those people may be infected, they say.           


I increased the pace while running the 5.3 K loop above. It's going to be my favorite course for tempo runs for the time being. It's rich in undulation, which allows me to practice tactical running. The only drawback is the road condition isn't very good, especially where there are steep inclines.  


After running the 5.3 K loop at a faster pace, I jogged on until the total distance reached half marathon distance.  


I surged in the last K, but I wasn't as fast as I had been in the previous training. 

The ball on the right sole got slightly hyper-sensitive toward the end, but other than that it was a satisfactory half marathon. I am glad that I was still able to increase the pace even after running as much as 20 K. 

No comments:

Post a Comment