Monday, April 6, 2020

Español, Bike Ride, & Run

April 5, 2020
Studied Spanish more than 6 hours on Duolingo. Finally reached the top in the Gold League past midnight. Spanish is an unbelievably fun language to learn. Grammar is simple, and sounds are fun to pronounce. I can't believe I didn't learn it sooner.

Went for a short bike ride at night out to Narita. Everything was closed or closed earlier. It was cold at night. I regretted I didn't had my pair of Temres gloves on. They are the best damn gloves to resist cold winds and even rains.

April 6, 2020
Went to the Minato City Hall in Akasaka to get a copy of my family register in the afternoon. Went there by bike. Parked it near Metro Akasakamitsuke Station, and walked up a hill toward Aoyama Icchome. City Hall is on the left a 5-minute walk from the parking lot. A clerk said there's parking on the basement floor of the building and that it's free! Should've checked it in advance. Oh, well...


Got a picture taken for my passport at Bic Camera, and headed for 1000 City in Chiba where the passport bureau is. Got there shortly before the office closed. Officers were helpful, and I completed all my application procedures in less than 20 minutes. The bureau was far from crowded. I was one of several people there were. My passport is going to be ready in a week. I am supposed to pick it up at a passport office in Funabashi which is between my home and office. It's easy access.


Ran before dinner after coming home. Hit the nearby park to do some barefoot run. School kids in uniform were playing soccer. They were let out early due to the coronavirus thing. They are supposed to distance themselves from each other, but three kids were facing each other close, lying on the grass and chatting with each other as they played games on their smartphones.

Jogged for 20 minutes and did a 200-M sprint three times and got burned out.

Had butterbur(ふき=fuki)for dinner. Madam Fumiko collected heaps from the backyard. It was delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment