Friday, February 1, 2019

Weighted 10 K Jog

Feb. 1, 2019
5.1 K: 31:19.60
5.1 K: 32:19.60
Total 10.2 K: 1:03:39

Two days after doing my first weighted jog, I extended my training distance from 6 K to 10.2 K. When I first did it, I wrapped 7 kg of weights around my waist. They were a bit uncomfortable, slightly moving up and down as I ran. So tonight I put the weights in a backpack and carried them on my back. It was easier that way, though part of the weights kept hitting a part of my back. Later when I took a shower, I realized that that part of the back was scraped. I will wrap the weights in a towel next time to keep them from directly hitting my back.

Now this is how I feel now that I've done it twice. The first time was incredibly tough. But the second time was far less hard. Everything will become manageable with practice. 

I want to make this a regular part of my weekly training regimen. Hopefully, when I have become used to running with weights on, running up a long and steep hill will be as easy as 1-2-3.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment