Friday, February 8, 2019

10 K Jog in MUTEKI

Feb. 8, 2019
5.1 K: 32:30.52
5.1 K: 28:03.84
Total 10.2 K: 1:00:34

Since I ran 23 K this past Monday I hadn't run for three days in a row. On Tuesday I needed a full rest after the long run. On Wednesday I didn't run because I had an early start the following morning. On Thursday I was too exhausted and sleepy to run after teaching a 7-hour corporate seminar all by myself. Tonight I was still not fully recovered, and ideally should go to bed early to prepare for an early start on Saturday morning, but another absence of training could have led to a setback on the gain from all the previous efforts, so I decided to hit the road by significantly lowering the expectations of myself. I ran without weights. I ran with shoes on. I ran slowly. I picked up the pace only when I felt like it. And it worked. Just like in most previous sessions it felt like shit before you did it, but it felt like seventh heaven when it's done.  



No comments:

Post a Comment