Thursday, February 28, 2019

6 K Run in the Rain

Feb. 28, 2019
6 K: 34:17.19

This is my second run after Ohme. It's short. It's slow. But it's better than nothing. I haven't been able to run as often as I used to before Ohme, mainly because I've had other priorities. They forced me to go to work much, much earlier than usual. They also forced me to work longer hours. Technically, I'm allowed to adjust my overtime work by going to work late or getting off work early, but practically, so many events were scheduled back to back, and I just couldn't choose to run at the sacrifice of sleep. Sleep is one of the most important elements of my health.

Anyway, I could have skipped my practice run tonight, but that would have made me frustrated to the degree where it could affect my mental health at work, so I decided to go for a short run and settle for that. It turned out to be the right decision, because right after I hit the road in the rain I felt like shit, but when I got home, I felt great. It's always like this. I know it is. That's why I ran although one side of me said, "Hey Gak, let's hit the bed, shall we? We have an early start tomorrow."


No comments:

Post a Comment