Thursday, February 14, 2019

One-Hour Recovery Run, Listening to the Commentary for Berlin Marathon 2018 While Running

Feb. 14, 2019
1:04:49

I ran for 1:04:49 very slowly to recover from the 10 build up on the previous night. I listened to the commentary for Berlin Marathon 2018 while running to motivate myself. It's the race in which Eliud Kipchoge smashed the previous world best record to finish in 2:01:39. I pictured him hammering down the streets of Berlin, and pictured myself also surging in the last few kilometers of the race that I'm running this Sunday.

 Tomorrow night I will sandwich a couple of fast-paced Ks with a 20-minute jog to keep my cardio in nice nick. On Saturday I will give myself a rest, except that I might run in the morning so that there will be sufficient resting time before the race.

I haven't run in bare feet for almost an entire week. I'm afraid my soles have softened a bit.  If they have, they may not be able to withstand the landing shock against the road. I'm hoping an adrenaline rash will keep me from feeling any pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment