Monday, February 11, 2019

10.5 K Jog with Occasional Surges

Feb. 10, 2019
10.5 K: 56:33.63

It's a week to the Ohme 30 K Road Race. At this stage of preparation there isn't much you can do to improve your overall running ability so dramatically. All you can do is carefully conditioning your mind-body and avoiding injury. Two things are important, I believe. One is keep your cardio-vascular system active by running around 10 K daily. The other is not running too long a distance so as not to over-exhaust your legs. 

I didn't feel as motivated as I should be before I ran. After the Tateyama Wakashio Marathon I had been experiencing a minor case of burnout. I resorted to a number of different ways to stay motivated. One is to run a shorter distance. Another is to run a different route. Tonight I resorted to the latter method. I Googled-mapped a new 10 route and ran it. It turned out to be richer in undulation than I'd imagined. I was glad. I decided to surge when climbing an upward incline. It created a meaningful change of pace throughout the run, and made it fun to sustain. 



No comments:

Post a Comment