Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Weighted One-Hour Barefoot Jog

Jan. 15, 2019
5.1 K: 31:37.24
5.1 K: 30:45.00
Total 10.2 K: 1:02:22

Almost forty eight hours after the 42 K run, I found myself pounding the road again, this time in bare feet, and with a 2 kg dumbbell in each of my hands. When I first did it last week, it was hard. Now it feels less so. I am amazed at the human ability to quickly adapt to increased burden.

I carefully checked my running form so as not to damage my soles. Any injury at this stage of preparation will cause a huge setback. I can't let that happen.

Tomorrow is interval night. I may do 1 K by 15 sets inspired by Eliud Kipchoge. Or I may settle for a more moderate session, like 3 K + 1 K recommended by former ultra marathon world best record holder Mr. Sunada. Or I may do something between the two. I will make my choice depending on my mood.

(In January 2018 I ran my first sub 3:45 marathon in the Tateyama Wakashio Marathon. I ran it in a pair of aqua shoes with zero cushioning. With two kilometers remaining, I took off the shoes, took off from the sub 3:45 pacers, and surged.)



No comments:

Post a Comment