Wednesday, January 23, 2019

60-Minute Jog

Jan. 23, 2019
5.1 K: 31:10.76
5.1 K: 30.42.73
Total 10.2 K: 1:01:53

Jan. 24, 2019
5.1 K: 33:07.05
5.1 K: 30.53.27
Total 10.2 K: 1:04:00

Strictly following the training regimens recommended by former ultra marathon world best record holder Mr. Takahiro Sunada, I had a one-hour jog two days in a row on Tuesday and Wednesday night.


Both times the main purpose is to slowly recover from the fatigue accumulated through the long and hard training over the course of almost three months since Aqua Line Marathon 2018. There were two extremely hard-fought races during this course of time. In one of them I renewed my PR for 10 K. In the other I completed an entire half marathon in complete bare feet. When I didn't have a race, I was almost always hitting the road, training, except for only a day or two in a week when I gave myself a complete rest.

I now have a sure feeling that I am much stronger than I was at the same time last year. My soles are more endurable. My cardio is stronger too as I can run a longer distance in one go. I am faster, partly because I am lighter. In other words I am a much stronger version of myself than I was in more ways than one. And my mission this coming Sunday is to translate this positive feeling into actual performance.


No comments:

Post a Comment