Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Restaurant "Osanai"

Dec. 12, 2018

After teaching a seminar to junior high and senior high English teachers at the Aomori Prefectural School Education Center, I dropped in at Osanai's a minute walk from JR Aomori station. 

Osanai's is a small restaurant catering to the needs of both locals and travelers. The interior design is average, and there is nothing spectacular about the facade, but the joint is always packed with customers. 

The most popular item on the menu is "Kaimisoyaki", or local scallops topped with beaten egg and boiled in miso soup.

Today I had it together with fresh scallop fringe sashimi as well as fermented herring, which was highly recommended by my former high school classmate, Mr. Shinichiro Nakamura.

I enjoyed having all of them. 

In less than 15 minutes, I will be catching a local train to Shinaomori station, where I change from a local to a bullet train to head back to Central Tokyo. 

I have a lecture starting at 7:00 p.m. at BizCom Tokyo Center, the place where I belong. 


No comments:

Post a Comment