Monday, December 17, 2018

21 K Barefoot Recovery Run

Dec. 17, 2018
21 K: 2:10:17 


After doing a long run on Sunday, I would normally give myself a full rest, but today I did a recovery run instead, mainly because I was inspired to do so by the news of 70-year-old Gene Dykes who broke the world best time for men's 70s age group at the Jacksonville Marathon in Florida held on Dec. 15. He made dramatic progress after getting advice from a coach who pushed him into training more often.


I discovered a new route on Google Map, which is 9.4 K one way. 


I did one lap of the 2.2 K loop around the water treatment plant, and came back the same route. 9.4 doubled, plus 2.2 makes 21 K. I think it's a good recovery run following a 30 K run on the previous night.


I had a good late night meal consisting mainly of fresh veggies and fruit, and just a little bit of starchy stuff, which is baked sweet potato. Sugar content is high there, but it's rich in fiber also. 

I weighed slightly over 59 kg after the run. One more kilogram to go to reach my weight goal of 58 kg. 




No comments:

Post a Comment