Friday, December 7, 2018

Barefoot 9 K Build-Up

Dec. 7, 2018
Warm Up 550 M: 3:30.58
1st 4.6 K: 25:38.62
2nd 4.6 K: 23.25.49
Warm Down 550 M: 3:28.66
Total 10.3 K 56:03.34 


Ever since I got a huge bloody blister in my right sole I had avoided running barefoot, but it's heeled now, and pain is all gone, so I went out for a practice run without shoes tonight. The moment I hit the road I realized how much I had missed that great feeling of directly contacting the cold pavement on my sole.

I chose the 4.6 K loop shown in the picture above. It's my recent favorite. There are some reasons. One, it's rich in undulation. I can practice strategically adjusting my running form according to the level of incline of slopes for maximum running efficiency. Two, the road surface condition is largely smooth, but occasionally rough. This forces me to pay careful attention to the road condition as I go on. It's something you are constantly required to do when you run a barefoot race without knowing the road condition in advance. 

Tonight I made the session a build-up one by running the second lap faster than the first one, mainly to keep myself motivated. I'm not good at staying motivated when running a long distance at the same pace. The so-called pace run is something I tend to avoid doing. But I think it's OK. Everyone has a weak point. I do many kinds of other quality training. They should make up for the absence of pace run.  

No comments:

Post a Comment