Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Post-Race Jog with One Fast Run

Dec. 4, 2018.
Warm Up 5.9 K: 35:48.46
Fast Run 2.2 K: 9:02.64
Warm Down 5.9 K: 36:38.17
Total 14 K: 1:21:29




Two days after the race on Sunday, the pain in the soles was gone, and I was ready for a practice run. It had rained a bit before I got home, and the road was wet, but the air was unusually warm for the season, so I hit the road in shorts and short-sleeved shirt. I took off without deciding how far I would go. I just wanted to go with the flow, and follow my instinct.

I headed for the Kashiwai Water Treatment Plant 3.7 K from home. When I got there, I jogged around it once, and then did a fast run around it once, and jogged around it again, and jogged back home.

It's 2.2 K to make a full circle around the plant. It took me 9:02.64 to run it. It translates to running 1 K in 4:07. Not bad.

I donated 400 cc of my blood yesterday. I also lost a significant amount of red blood cells from running a long and fast race. There are big disadvantages for the fast run, but I felt light throughout the run. I think it owes a lot to my recent weight loss.

I weighed 60.5 kg when I got home from the run. That means I have lost almost 2.5 kg since I ran the Aqua Line Marathon. The weight loss was mainly achieved through constant running training, vegetable-centered, low-starchy diet. It works for me. I will stick to it for a while.   


No comments:

Post a Comment