Thursday, December 13, 2018

Interval Training: 3 K

Dec. 13, 2018

Last night I was scheduled to do intervals, but I had an early start to give a seven-hour seminar all by myself, and worked overtime to tie up some loose ends at the office after that instead of going straight home after the seminar. So when I got home, I didn't feel motivated enough to do intervals, especially because it was bloody cold outside. So I did high intensity interval training from home instead.

Tonight I felt reasonably recovered, so I was finally able to muster up enough motivation to do intervals. I warmed up by jogging about 4 K, rested for a minute, and took off for the first fast run. I aimed at 3 K at a 4:30/K pace. The target finish time is 13:30. I finished in 12:41.08. That's well under the target, and means that I ran at a 4:14/K pace. I didn't feel like I was running that fast. In fact, I felt heavy, and was thinking that it was due to the HIIT that I had done on the previous night.

But when I was done with the first fast run, I felt burned out, and couldn't bring myself to go for another fast ran. So I jogged for 4 K and finished for the day.

The detail of training tonight is shown below:
Warm Up 4 K: 25:20.86
Rest: 1:00.33
3 K: 12:41.08
Rest: 1:01.52
Warm Down 4 K: 23:48.96
Total 11 K: 1:03:52

No comments:

Post a Comment