Monday, November 26, 2018

Final Phase Conditioning Before "Hadano Tanzawa Minase River Half Marathon 2018"

Nov. 26, 2018
Ran for 1:47:55 in bare feet.

Six days to go before Hadano Tanzawa Minase River Half Marathon. My ultimate goal there is to complete the race in bare feet, and to finish under the time set at the Road Race Chikura in September. Speed is not my concern as I renewed my PR for 10 K two weeks ago. But I hadn't run half marathon distance since 12th of this month, so I wanted to run a distance close to that of the race. 

I started off without deciding on how far I was running. Instead I went with the flow, running a number of different courses that I run regularly until I felt I ran enough for the night. I'm not sure how many Ks I ran, but I have a pretty good idea of my running pace; it was between 6:00/K to 6:15/K. So I probably ran around 17 or 18 K. I stopped before I felt burned out, because it would take time to reset your motivation after that.

In addition to getting used to the race distance, I had one other goal tonight: to check my running form to minimize damage to the bare sole. I chose a few new routes on purpose that I had not tried before in order to activate my system to spontaneously adjust to the changing road surface condition. It worked. Thanks to the training tonight, I will not be so stressed by sudden or unexpected changing of road conditions. I will adjust my running form accordingly just as I did in the training tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment