Sunday, November 11, 2018

22 K Barefoot Run

Nov. 12, 2018
11 K: 57:54.43 (5:16/K)
11 K: 53:39.84 (4:53/K)
Total 22 K: 1:51:34 (5:04/K)


With seven days remaining before the Gas Light 10 K Road Race held in Yotsukaido City, Chiba Pref. I had a practice run for 22 K in bare feet. The purpose is two-fold. One is to check the condition of my sole. The other is to get used to a 20 K plus distance for a half marathon that follows the 10 K race. It takes place on the first Sunday of December. There isn't much prep time between the two, so I need to prepare for the two races at the same time.

I started off at a sub 4 marathon pace for the first half. I carefully tested the feel of the road on the sole as I went along. It felt good, and I felt like I could go on forever. I was full of energy after running the first 11 K. I increased the pace once into the second half to an average half marathon pace. Toward the end of the session the sole started feeling a bit sore. When I checked it later while taking a shower, there was a minor blister in the ball of each sole. But I'm sure they will heal by the weekend.

After taking a shower, I was both hungry and thirsty. I had a large bowl of fresh veggies, two oranges, a couple of bites of sweet potato, and a 500 ml bottle of water before finally feeling satisfied.



No comments:

Post a Comment