Friday, November 2, 2018

6 K Barefoot Run

Nov. 2, 2018
3 K: 17:11.48
3 K: 17:20.91
Total 6 K: 34:32.39 

I measured a number of different running courses near my house on Google Map, and discovered a new 3 K loop. I ran it twice in bare feet. Although it looks like a simple loop and easy to run, there is a fairly long stretch shortly after leaving home that has rather rough road surface. Although it's rather uncomfortable to run such a road, the situation is close to the race condition where you never know what to come, I was able to practice choosing to run on a road line with smooth surface, and also carefully absorbing the landing impact by bending my knees where there was no road line and I had no choice but run on the rough surface. 

I will try to run this new 3 K loop often so that my sole will get used to withstanding the discomfort even when the training distance gets increased. 


No comments:

Post a Comment