Thursday, November 29, 2018

Final Phase Conditioning (3): 13 K Jog

Nov. 29, 2018

With three days remaining before Hadano Tanzawa Minase River Half Marathon 2018, I went out for a slow jog for an hour and 17 minutes 33 seconds. I set off without deciding how far or how long I would run, but just went with the flow. It was pleasantly cold, and there was no wind. It's a perfect condition for a jog at an easy pace. I didn't want to make it to mechanical, so I went into a terrain that I don't normally explore, the area around the Kashiwai Water Treatment Plant. When you run around the plant, it's roughly 2.2 K. There is one downhill and one uphill. The remaining part is flat. It's a good loop to do intervals and hill sprints I thought.

Tonight, although I stuck to a very easy pace, but carefully chose roads that were rich in undulation, because the race I'm running this Sunday is characterized with ups and downs. I wanted to be mentally prepared. As far as physical preparation goes, there isn't much I can do to improve my fundamentals.

Overall, it was a very refreshing, pain-free, and stress-free, relatively long run. I am glad I ran.

Tomorrow I will give myself a complete rest. I will do some stretching. But other than that, I will crash as soon as I get home to get ready for an early start on Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment