Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Final Phase Conditioning (2): One-Minute Alternate Runs

Nov. 27, 2018
With five days remaining before Hadano Tanzawa Minase River Half Marathon 2018, I did speed-focused training: one-minute alternate runs. I was inspired to do it when I came across the training while reading "Running with the Kenyans" by Adharanand Finn. It's less stressful than interval training, but good when you do not have many hours to do long slow cardio, but still want to have a good sweat. 

After brief warm up I did ten sets of alternate runs, one slow run and one fast run. Before jogging back home, I stopped by a small park and did swing push ups to hit my chest and core. 

I was not going to eat anything after the training, but I was so hungry that I had a bowl of miso soup, a pack of fermented soybeans with black sesami seeds and dried shrimped sprinkled on them, and a small piece of left-over grilled sea bream. Nothing starchy, because that would have killed my effort to lose weight for the race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment