Friday, September 28, 2018

12 K Barefoot Hill Jog

Sept. 28, 2018

Following former ultra marathon world record holder Mr. Takahiro Sunada's recommendation, I went out for a slow jog for a little longer than an hour following interval training on the previous night. I ran in bare feet to check my running form. Why is barefoot running good for checking your from? One reason is that it can be extremely painful if your form bio-mechanically doesn't make sense. In other words, your body will naturally develop a form that doesn't cause you pain. It happens to be the form that allows you to keep on running a very long distance with minimum energy loss.

Tonight I ran my favorite 6 K hilly shuttle course twice to cover 12 K. The laps are shown below:
1st 6 K: 35:53.42
2nd 6 K: 35:52.57
Total 1:11:45

I'm surprised to see the second lap is almost exactly the same as the first one.


No comments:

Post a Comment