Monday, September 3, 2018

25 K Barefoot Run


Two weeks before the first official race of my race season 2018 Fall to 2019 Spring I went for a 25 K barefoot run between home and the City Hall to test my endurance beyond the race distance (18.3 K). 


Although I ran barefoot, I put some tape on both soles for minimum protection because at this stage of training, injury is the last thing you want.

It's 12.2 K between home and the City Hall. A round  trip won't make exactly 25 K. So I ran extra 600 M along the park near my house before hitting the shuttle course. Below are the details of how I ran the entire 25 K:

0 K: 00:00.00 (Home) 
Bathroom Stop: 1:14.11
12.8 K: 1:15:33 (City Hall)
*************
Ice Cream Stop: 2:40.98
12.2 K: 1:08:21 (Home)
25 K: 2:23:54

Though the second half is slightly shorter due to absence of that extra 600 M I added at the beginning of the run, the time is nonetheless better in the second half even the factor is taken into consideration. This so-called negative split is something that I always aim for. So I'm very glad about the training tonight. My overall endurance has improved even when I run at a relatively fast pace. I could kick in the last 1 K without getting overly out of breath. I wasn't entirely pain-free. When running around the 19 K mark I felt a slight pain in my right knee. But it didn't stay there long. It soon became negligible as I went along just as it usually did in my past races and practice runs. No big deal.

Tomorrow I hope to jog slowly somewhere between 6 and 10 K. And then on Wednesday I may rest. On Thursday I usually do intervals. But I might only jog slowly to condition myself and restore energy to do them on Friday night. I'm not sure. I can't imagine how tired I may be tomorrow morning. I may change my schedule depending on my condition tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment