Tuesday, September 11, 2018

One-Hour Hill Jog in Bare Feet

Sept. 11, 2018

Two days after the 30 K run this past Sunday, both of my hamstrings and buttocks were still sore from body weight muscle training and high intensity cardio that I had done prior to the 30 K run on the same day, but the soreness was not severe enough to stop me from going for a slow jog tonight.

I ran for an hour to cover 10 K at 6:00/K pace. I ran the usual 6 K shuttle course, but did four additional 1 K hill repeats during the course, because I felt good. The air was cool, and I heard the chirping of grasshoppers and crickets in the bush along the road. It was beautiful music that made what would otherwise be a monotonous activity a pleasant athletic journey.

I maintained a comfortable pace, mainly focusing on my form to minimize the shock and friction of landing. The training was over without leaving and pain nor discomfort in neither of my soles, so I believe my form was good. Hopefully I can keep the same form when I run at a faster pace in the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment