Thursday, September 13, 2018

Final Phase Conditioning: 3 K Build Up

Sept. 13, 2018

I had an earlier start than usual today. I had a seminar to give to junior high school teachers in Ibaraki Prefecture between 1:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m., so I left home earlier than usual. The seminar went well, and I got good feedback from many. 

I stopped by Kikko's sushi restaurant in Funabgashi. I took out Chef's Special to eat it for dinner with Madam Fumiko. It was exquisite.

After dinner I went to a local Starbucks cafe on my Kawasaki Vulcan S 650.


I enjoyed reading "Old Terrorist" by Akutagawa Award Winner Ryu Murakami. It's so exciting that I already finished reading more than 400 pages out of 655 in less than a week. It's simply unstoppable.

I came home before around 10 p.m. I did body weight upper body circuit training to burn glycogen before going for a practice run.

With only three days remaining I didn't want to push myself to the point where I'd be still fatigued on the day of the race. So I only ran 7 K. I jogged the first 4 K. And then for the last 3 K I did build-up training. I ran the first K at my full marathon pace, the next K at my half marathon pace, and the last one at my 10 K pace.

After the training I was so hungry that I made myself a bowl of curry noodles. I put jew's mallow, okura, and a poached egg in it to make it nutritionally well-balanced.

Below is the log of the training tonight:
Warm Up 4 K:24:52.16
<Build-Up>  
1st K: 5:22.42
2nd K: 4:44.96
3rd K: 4:22.03
Walk: 8:37.21
Total 7 K: 47:58.78 


No comments:

Post a Comment