Thursday, October 12, 2017

Wednesday Night 10 K Run

I ran 10 K after coming home from work. I ran my favorite 2.5 K loop near my house four times. In the first two laps I felt my legs heavy, and couldn't pick up the pace. I didn't make any special effort to run faster and cruised on. While I was running my third lap, I thought I was going to switch to fast-paced intervals, but toward the end I felt warmed up enough to run on, so instead of doing fast repeats after taking a short break, I kept on running without a break. In the second half of the fourth lap, I changed into track mode and pressed on. In the final stretch I overtook a woman cycling home from work. For a moment, I thought about doing intervals after taking a short break. But I changed my mind in the last minute. I wanted to hit the bed while I was feeling good.

The detail of the practice run is as follows:
1st 2.5 K: 13:26.27
2nd 2.5 K: 13:24.95
3rd 2.5 K: 13.09.02
4th 2.5 K: 12.03.07
Total 10 K: 52:03.31

No comments:

Post a Comment