Saturday, October 7, 2017

Sunday 50-Minute Run

I had a 50-minute practice run. I was originally planning to run beyond 20 K, but I didn't feel well when I woke up this morning, so decided not to. I had a dinner party organized by my company, and had a little too much to drink. I had a slight hangover, and a little blood was detected in my bodily waste. It's a sign of serious inflammation in the bowels. A beyond 20 K run would be too physiologically strenuous to my internal organs. I decided to settle for a shorter distance. But at the same time, I didn't want to make it too easy. So I decided to run for 50 minute, and run one minute fast, and another minute slowly and repeat this set 25 times.

I tried not to push myself too much, but I was out of breath soon. I got burned out after doing 10 sets. I thought of quitting. But instead of calling it a day, I decided to switch to jogging. I jogged for 10 minutes when I felt reasonably recovered, so I decided to do the alternate run once again. I felt too exhausted to continue, with a few more sets remaining to complete a 50-minute session, but instead of quitting, I decided to continue yet again. I ran in shorter strides, which is a little less challenging than running in wider strides, but tried to take faster steps to increase cardio-vascular challenge.

The detail of today's training is as follows:

10 Sets by [One-Minute Fast Run + One-Minute Slow Run]
10-Minute Jog
10 Sets by [One-Minute Fast Run + One-Minute Slow Run]
Total 50 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment