Thursday, October 26, 2017

Abebe Wannabe's Midnight Barefoot Hill Repeats & Cruise

On Oct. 25, 2017 I pass the qualifying test for getting my motorcycle license. I feel both ecstatic and relieved. Because I wanted to reward myself for the achievement while these feelings were still fresh, I ran 10 K barefoot. It felt so good, and I was satisfied.

I jogged over to the hilly stretch where I usually do hill repeats, and did 4 repeats, and came home. Four is not a lot. But I felt weak, so I didn't push myself too much. Probably my carb intake wasn't enough. But as the hill repeats were over, and I was back on a flat road, somehow I felt re-energized, so once I got home, I dropped a water bottle that I was carrying, and left for a fast-paced run around the 2.5 K loop in my neighborhood. After doing the hill repeats, it felt easy and I enjoyed running at a brisk pace.

When I got home, I still had some energy left, but I was expecting an early start the following day to go to the license bureau to get my motorcycle license, I called it a day.

Once out of the shower room, I felt so hungry, so I fueled myself with some miso soup with fresh mushrooms and veggies, and enjoyed having several pieces of sushi from Ohedo. I could have eaten more, but I decided not to because it could tire my internal organ. I'm not worried too much about gaining weight by eating late at night. That's not a problem with me because I can easily burn extra calories from a late night meal.

The detail of the practice run is as follows:
Warm Up 1.7 K: 9.16.99
1st K: 5:08.83
2nd K: 5:13.18
3rd K: 5:13.90
4th K: 5:08.22
Warm Down 1.9 K: 10.37.61
Fast-Paced Run 2.5 K: 12:27.56
Total 10.1 K: 53:06.29 

No comments:

Post a Comment