Friday, October 20, 2017

Abebe-Wannabe's 30-Minute Barefoot Run

I ran barefoot because it rained and the road was wet. A wet road provides an idealistic condition for barefoot running. The friction between the sole and the road surface becomes minimum, and therefore there is less chance of getting blisters.

Today I carefully chose the road that has the smoothest surface. The road conditions vary from place to place. Some have a very coarse surface. Others have a much finer and smoother surface. It is demotivating to run on a coarse surface. You cannot pick up the pace. It's frustrating. On the other hand, when you run on a smooth surface, you can run just like you run in minimalist shoes. There is little to hurt your sole. The feet feel cool on a wet road. Your legs feel a lot lighter than when you run in shoes.

Today I ran 20 minutes at an easy pace, and in the last 10 minutes I did alternate runs where I ran fast one minute, and jogged another minute and did this set altogether five times to run 30 minutes in total.

I feel more eager to run a race barefoot than before, which is my all-time dream, which was originally ignited by legendary Olympian Abebe Bikila who won the men's marathon in the 1960 Olympics in Rome, running barefoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment