Sunday, June 25, 2017

Weekend 30 K Challenge

It's been almost a week since my last long run.
I gave a full rest today and ate very well also.
Shortly past 8 p.m. I took off for a weekend 30 K challenge
in my minimalist split-toe shoes MUTEKI.
I took a couple of water break at convenient stores,
and one food break before a 2.5 K warm-down run to finish up,
but other than that I just went on and on along a very very hilly course,
past my high school near the halfway point,
to cover altogether 30.3 K in a little over three hours.
It's actually not bad, considering that it's my first 30 K + run
since running a full in Sakura this past March.
My running economy is significantly improved,
with no cramps in the legs during or after the run.
My cadence is between 180 and 190 today (I measured it on and off),
significantly higher than before, with the strides much narrower.
As a result the landing shock is minimum.
So although I ran in shoes with only a very thin rubber sole,
there is not much damage in the sole my feet.
I hope to become used to this distance soon,
and eventually (hopefully sometime before the race in September)
I want to run close to 50 K in one day by double training
where I run some Ks in the morning, and more later in the evening.

Today's result is as follows:
Stage 1 (11.2 K):
58:53.28
https://goo.gl/rMwwhQ

Stage 2 (5.4 K+11.2 K=16.6 K):
9:14.81
Hydration break: 3:14.09
47.37.73
Hydration break: 3:00.91
39:57.66
Food break: 5:10.19
https://goo.gl/GhXxqE
https://goo.gl/rMwwhQ

Stage 3 (2.5 K=loop near my home)
16:32.40

Total 30.3 K: 3:03:41

No comments:

Post a Comment