Monday, June 12, 2017

26 K Run

I ran 26 K in minimalist split-toe running shoes MUTEKI.
https://goo.gl/aIdMLf
I left home around 10:30 p.m. and reached my first destination,
Morita Architectural Design Office in Central Sakura in 1:10:15, including one pee break,
one hydration stop, and one fueling stop. It's exactly 12 K between my home and the architectural office.
I dropped by a convenience store by the side of it, and stayed there for 9:09.23 to eat a bowl of wantong soup.
With my stomach filled, I headed for the second half.
I returned the same route in 1:12:43,
including one pee break and one fueling stop.
When I returned home, I felt strong enough to run some more,
so I decided to warm down by going extra 2 K near my house
to cover a total 26 K.

The details are as follows:
1st 12 K: 1:10:15
Break: 9:09.23
2nd 12 K: 1:12:43
Extra 2 K: 11:46.24
Total 26 K: 2:43:54

The course is rich in undulation. There are altogether 7 sets of ups and downs
of varied steepness and length.
Some are forbiddingly steep. Some are sickeningly long.
But I need them all in order to improve my running efficiency.
I pushed myself quite a bit when I ran up the slopes,
taking shorter, but quicker strides for minimizing energy loss.
I completed the session, pain-free,
which is a good sign that my running economy is of a decent level.

No comments:

Post a Comment