Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Wednesday Night 15 K Run

On Wednesday night after coming home from work
I ran around a 2.5 K circular route in my neighborhood five times
to cover 15 K.
It took me 1:11:33.

I had been scheduled to do the training, 
but it wasn't easy to motivate myself to run such a long distance
after working eight hours.

So first I dropped by my favorite sushi restaurant in Ueno on my way home
to fuel myself. 
It takes a little less than an hour from there to my home,
so by the time I was home, 
my stomach was less pumped and I felt ready to exercise.

Once back home, I decided not to have dinner right away,
but instead decided to have it after finishing the training.
That was a good move.
Otherwise I would have felt heavy and running wouldn't have been much fun.

Now since I felt light, running was easy.
It was humid, but the temperature was low enough
to allow me to keep a good pace throughout the run.

I took a very short hydration break twice,
but other than that I just cruised around the route like an automaton.
When I finally completed the scheduled distance,
I was drenched and completely out of breath
as I cranked up the pace ever more in the last half K.
But overall it was tremendously refreshing,
and dinner tasted awesome,
as every single cell of my body craved for all the nutrients
needed to maintain my internal systems.

The details of today's training run is as follows:
1st 2.5 K: 12:19
2nd 2.5 K: 11:49
Hydration break: 13.26
3rd 2.5 K: 11:58
4th 2.5 K: 11:56
Hydration break: 12.28
5th 2.5 K: 11:57
6th 2.5 K: 11:05

As you can see, I cranked up the pace significantly in the last lap.
My goal is to increase the distance gradually,
and still be able to do that in the last lap.
Hopefully, I will run extra 2.5 K to reach a total of 17.5 K this weekend.
Meanwhile I would like to give my legs a good rest
and store up enough energy to cover the increased distance strongly.

No comments:

Post a Comment