Sunday, August 21, 2016

Late Summer 12.5 K Run

This past Sunday I went for a training run.
It was hot in the early afternoon, so I waited until early evening to hit the road.
There is a circular course in my neighborhood whose distance is exactly 2.5 K.
I went around it 5 times to cover 12.5 K.
It was a preparation for a race in September.
I am joining a 20 K race in Yamanashi.
I am hoping to peak my condition toward the race.
In order to achieve that goal,
I am planning to increase my training distance gradually.
I have three more weekends before the race.
Next weekend I hope to run 15 K.
The following weekend I want to increase the distance by yet another 2. 5K to a total of 17.5 K.
And finally a week before the race I will cover 20 K.
The training routine for the last week before the race is pretty fixed.
I always do a pace run a couple of days after the weekend long run.
And then three nights before the race, I do 3 K build-up training,
where you increase your pace as you go through each K
just to stimulate your leg muscles, and all aspects of your cardio-vascular system.
I love the process of slowly peaking myself to a goal.

The result of the training on Sunday is as follows:
5 K: 24:21
2.5 K: 11:30
2.5 K: 11:55
2.5 K: 11:45
Total 12.5 K: 59.31

No comments:

Post a Comment