Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Aug. 10 Home Body Weight Exercise

I woke up early to get ready of a seminar for English teachers.
I didn't have enough time for a long practice run,
so I decided to do something short and intensive.
I did pull-ups, slow push-ups and hand-stands.
I started off with ten pull-ups.
I then did slow push-ups for 30 seoncds.
You count four as you come down,
hold for hour seocnds,
count four as you push up,
and squeeze both of your arms inward
at the peak.
Peak contraction is the key to maximizing training benefit in push-ups.
I repeated this cycle four sets,
but the number of reps for pull-ups decreased progressively as I proceeded,
like to 6, 4, and finally to 3.

After that I did four sets of a 20 second hand-stand.
When it was over, I was out of breath, and my upper body was pumped.

I had for breakefast half an avocado with salt and dried seaweed,
two small pieces of grapefruit,
a few mini tomatoes,
several fresh shiso leaves.
Slight bitterness of the shiso was refreshing in my mouth.

I have a 5-hour seminar today, and another tomorrow.
And a week-long summer break begins after that.
Two more days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment