Monday, August 1, 2016

Recent Running Training

I ran 3 K last Sunday, and 5 K yesterday.
Both times I ran while the sun was high.
Last Sunday I ran before noon.
My body felt light, and cardio was in good condition.
I could have gone beyond 3 K,
but since I was planning to go out to have lunch with a friend,
I decided not to overtire myself.
In extreme fatigue nothing will taste good.

Yesterday I went for my training run in mid afternoon.
The sun was strong, and few were seen in the park.
I started off without setting a goal as I felt a bit tired
from drinking till late on the previous night.
My body was heavy and I couldn't pick up the pace.
I ran the first 2 K at my half marathon pace of between 4:40/K and 4:50/K
with a break of 30 seconds.
But I needed a much longer rest after that.
I went to get some tap water over my arms and face to cool off the heat,
hoping it would help me sustain the training.
But even after that effort, I wasn't able to bring out power from within.
The break after each K became longer and longer.
And when I finished my 5th K, I gave up.

The tired feeling was presumably mainly because of drinking alcohol on the previous night.
I gave myself ten hours of sleep, but my liver and whole internal organs were exhausted
from trying to break down the toxic substance and bringing the system back on track.
I must stick to moderate drinking to maintain the quality of my physical training.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment