Tuesday, August 16, 2016

0.88 K × 5 Barefoot Interval Training in an Approaching Storm

A typhoon was coming, and it was raining,
so I got out and hit the road to do a 0.88 K by 5 interval training,
in order to develop my resistance to bad weather conditions
and also to cultivate the mindset to put up with unavoidable adversities.

The streets were deserted, with trees whipping wildly in strong winds.
The pavement was wet with rain, with puddles formed here and there.
Few people would choose to run on a day like that,
but it's perfect for a barefoot runner, because the friction is minimum
when the surface of the road is wet.

I went around my favorite circular route (0.88 K) at my 10 K pace of 4:30/K (3:57/0.88 K),
with a rest of one minute between sets.

I originally aimed for seven sets,
but had slight pain in the liver during the 5th set,
so called it a day before completing the original goal.

The result is as follows:
1st lap: 3:47
Rest: 1:00
2nd lap: 3:31
Rest: 1:00
3rd lap: 3:34
Rest :1:00
4th lap: 3:36
Rest: 1:00
5th lap: 3:41
Cool Down: 3:00



No comments:

Post a Comment