Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Pre-Dinner Barefoot Run

Dec. 9, 2020

1 K: 5:33.88
2 K: 11:33.13
1 K: 5:52.29
Total 4 K: 22:59.30


Hit the nearby park to run on the lawn in bare feet shortly after the sunset. It was mostly deserted but several locals were spotted here and there. A couple of young boys were playing soccer, and a handful of elderlies were talking a walk. A woman, who wasn't present when I got there, was seen running the oval walking path inside the park. We got close to each other a few times while I shunted back and forth across the park. The walking path is not very comfortable to run on, because it's either bare soil or covered with wood chips. I sometimes intentionally run it to toughen my soles. But today is not the day. My soles were a little sore from the barefoot run on the previous night. Today I needed to let them recover. 

The lawn felt so cold already, and my feet started feeling numb after running for several minutes. It felt as if my feel were cut off from the ankle, and I was landing on the soil directly on the cutting edge of the bottom of the shin. 

A long warm bath felt like seventh heaven after the run. 

My next mission is to recharge my bodies batteries and fuel myself for another run late at night. I'm going to have angler-fish hot pot tonight. Rich in collagen and highly nutritious. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment