Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Midnight Barefoot Jog

Dec. 23, 2020

10.8 K: 1:02:25

After coming home from work, I wanted to a short lecture by Brian Tracy. I have an important corporate seminar tomorrow. I wanted to get some useful information from the world-renowned motivational speaker. 

The temperature was -1.9 degrees Celsius when I left home. I had bundled up expect for my feet which had nothing on. 


A minute into the run, I regretted not wearing shoes. It was freezing. My feet were so cold to the point of being painful from the cold. I hoped they would feel numb to the cold, but they remained cold and painful for the next 10 minutes or so. 


Ten minutes on the road, the feet finally got adapted to the freezing temperature and cruel hardness of the concrete road. I kept on going like an automaton. 

In the second half I felt warmed up, finding myself gradually picking up the pace without being aware of it myself at first. I could have gone on for another hour, but I didn't, because anything beyond that could leave me fatigued tomorrow morning. And tomorrow I have an important event where I need lots of energy to influence people. 










No comments:

Post a Comment