Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Midnight Barefoot Run in the Rain

Dec. 8, 2020

<On the Lawn>

1 K: 6:04.25

1 K: 5:15.18

1 K: 5:39.19

1 K: 5:56.96

<On the Road>

5.84 K: 35:00.00

<On the Lawn>

1.7 K: 9:00.31

Total 11.54 K: 1:07:55

I ran in bare feet after a long time. It felt cold on the lawn and hurt a little also at first. But soon both soles got numb to both the cold and the pain. 

It started raining 3 K into the run. I decided to call it a day after running another K. 


While running my 4th K I felt a slight discomfort in my left kidney. It was a funny feeling. I hardly ever feel any discomfort in my kidneys. I wanted to see what's going to happen if I continued to run. After running 4 K, I get off the lawn and hit the road. I aimed to run an out and return 6 K course rich in undulation. It's mostly straight and the road condition is good most of the way. I ran comfortably. In no time I found myself having completely forgotten about the kidney problem. 

While taking a shower after coming home from the training, I felt a sharp pain in my right heel. I took a close look to find a black dot in the skin. After the shower I sat on the floor and took an even closer look. A black piece of obsidian-like chip of stone was stuck in the horny layer. I picked it with a pair of tweezer. It easily came out. After that there was no pain. 

I hope to jog for an hour or so on Thursday. And hopefully on Friday or Saturday night I will have a tempo run.


No comments:

Post a Comment