Friday, July 26, 2019

Mini Fartlek:15 Sets by [1-Minuite Jog+1-Minute Fast Run]

July 26, 2019

It's Friday night. My legs were still a little heavy from interval training on Wednesday night. Plus, I ached all over from upper body muscle training in the last two days. I have an early start tomorrow morning, so I didn't want to go for a long run, 'cause that's gonna take a couple of hours. I decided to do a mini fartlek session consisting of 15 sets of 1-minute jog followed by 1-minute fast run. It's a kind of alternate runs. 


I started off without deciding the number of repeats because that seemed too stressful for a tired mind-body. I went with the flow, running as fast as I could when I was in a mood, not pushing too much when it felt too painful, and slowing getting used to the intensity of the training.

I didn't count the number of repeat. But instead I just listened to the voice of my mind-body.

When I finally felt that I did enough for the night, I looked at my watch. I was just about to do the 31st run, which is the 16th jog. I stopped, turned around, and slowly walked back home.

When I got home, I was drenched with sweat. It was only for 30 minutes that I ran. Yet, I feel like I gained so much out of the training. Alternate run was the best choice for a night like tonight. You are a little too tired for both a long session and hard-core interval training. In the alternate run, there is a minute of break after every fast run. So you can reset your motivation every minute. Yet the fast run is far more challenging than simply running a long distance at a manageable pace. So there is a greater sense of accomplishment than just jogging for an hour or so. I should make good use of this type of training more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment