Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Interval Training on Bike: 8 Sets by 4-Minute Sprint with 1-Minute Cruising Between Sets

July 17, 2019
Interval training on bike:
8 sets by 4-minute sprint with 1-minute rest between sets. 


Wednesday night is interval night. But I had slight soreness in my right calf. So I decided not to run tonight. But I didn't want to lose the gain of my previous training, so I decided to do something on my bike. Cycling allows you to use thighs, but not so much your calves. The thighs represent the biggest muscle mass of your body, and therefore cardio-vascular benefit of training these muscles is enormous. 

I cruised on to a long stretch in Yukarigaoka, and did 8 sets of 4-minute sprint between the 2.1 K shuttle course below.


I really put the hammer down when I did it, so my heart rates were elevated to quite a high level throughout the training. So although I didn't run, the cardio-vascular gain should be pretty close to that of doing regular intervals by running.

No comments:

Post a Comment